testing interviewees

Subject: testing interviewees
From: "Mark Forseth" <mforseth -at- imago -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:39:34 -0600

One big advantage to notifying potential candidates of an impending test
(including in the ad for the job) is that it narrows the search; a
percentage of potential candidates will not bother pursuing an interview
(or the job) if they are not confident in their qualifications for the
position.

I've successfully endured a litany of tests in interviews, both
announced and unannounced, including the obligatory grammar test and
tests requiring me to write a TOC, headings, and one procedure for, say,
how to use a bedside alarm clock. One Fortune 500 employer required me
to save my final work to disk, which, I later discovered, was because
they wanted to be certain of my ability to perform remedial
computer-related tasks. It turns out some hires didn't know how to
perform such tasks.

mdf

NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information for the sole use of the designated recipients. If you have received it in error, please advise the sender by reply email and immediately delete the message and any attachments without reviewing, copying or disclosing the contents.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Your Ad Here! Have a product or service you'd like to get some attention for? Use this space to get the word out! Contact lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com