RE: International Job Hunting

Subject: RE: International Job Hunting
From: "Jeff Allen" <jeff -dot- allen -at- mycom-int -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:25:24 +0100

To find a job as technical writer/author here in France:

http://www.stcfrance.org/ (STC France chapter)
http://www.apec.fr
http://www.emailjob.com/
http://www.jobpilot.fr/companyoverview/
http://apr-job.com/
http://www.aup.edu (American University of Paris: has/had Technical Writing
program in the Continuing Education Dept)

There are also several companies in the Paris area that specialize in hiring
Technical writers.

keyword is "rédacteur technique"

Several ways for you to get a work permit:
1. check out the Council for International Education and Exchange
(www.ciee.org) to apply for a 4 month work permit to work in Europe. This is
a special visa for studients. I helped my sister-in-law do it in the opposite
direction for her to work in the US.
2. Another way to get a work permit is to register for advanced graduate
studies at a French university (Such as an applied linguistics program).
Tuition is very inexpensive, about 200 euros per year. You can legally work
half-time while studying.
I did that for several years.
3. Another way to get a work permit is to marry a European. I did that too.
4. or try the hard way and get the hiring company to get you the work permit.

Jeff

Jeff Allen
Quality Process Program Manager
Mycom France
42-48 quai de Dion Bouton
92800 Puteaux, France
e-mail: jeff -dot- allen -at- mycom-int -dot- com
http://www.mycom-int.com/

> Robert wrote:
> For those individuals
> who have had experiences working in Europe, how did you go about
> finding your position? Are there certain resources that would allow
> one to seek employment overseas?

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Your Ad Here! Have a product or service you'd like to get some attention for? Use this space to get the word out! Contact lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com