Re: So nobody else has heard of UI-driven system documentation either?

Subject: Re: So nobody else has heard of UI-driven system documentation either?
From: Amanda_Abelove -at- toyota -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 10:21:57 -0800

The only problem is that the part of our system that the user actually
sees is just the tip of the iceberg. This has had 4.5 years to build,
develop and grow since it's last release... The user works with about 5%
of the system... 95% of the activity is behind the scenes.

What do I do?

> I'd guess that it simply means that the documentation is driven by
> elements of the GUI, rather than by actions that the user would take
> through the GUI.
>
> GUI driven- From the "User Configuration" screen, select the user and
> click...
>
> User driven- To change the user options to allow a higher permission
> level, click the XX button from the "User Configuration" screen.
>
> > Based on the silence to my earlier inquiry from last night... No
> > one here has heard of UI-driven system documentation either?

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com