Re: Information Plan Templates

Subject: Re: Information Plan Templates
From: jsokohl -at- mac -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 10:38:34 -0700

> =20
> I am looking for Information Plan or Documentation Plan Templates. I
> searched the TECHWR-L archives and found some interesting articles and
> emails but no discussion of a template repository. I've used Hackos book
> "Managing Your Documentation Projects" as my primary reference in
> creating information plans but would like to compare and contrast. I'm
> writing Info Plans for online help first and a printed user manual
> second, using RoboHelp Office Pro X5. Does STC have template
> repositories for plans and reports tech writers use frequently? Has
> anyone used them?
Hi Lynda,

I do use 'em. I think what you're talking about are document
specifications, as opposed to an information plan. Basically the IP covers
the entire information needs surrounding the product, while CSs cover each
deliverable. I've used modified versions of Hackos's work. See
http://www.sokohl.com/samples.html and select the developer's guide. This
PDF provides a draft of a doc spec for a developer's guide.

HtH,
joe

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com