Re: Word User Guide Template - Help/Request

Subject: Re: Word User Guide Template - Help/Request
From: "Janet M. Swisher" <swisher -at- enthought -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:15:25 -0600

Lone_Consultant Writer wrote:

> I am wondering if some of you out there would be willing to send me a
> Word User Guide Template (Title, Body, TOC, Index, etc.) with
> confidential info removed of course.
>
> I would be extremely grateful as I do not work in Word and therefore
> have no idea how to go about creating a Word User Guide Template.

The Word MVPs site has a tutorial on creating a template for a software manual: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CreateATemplatePart2.htm

The downloadable zip file contains both the tutorial and an example template. The only catch is that it's for A4 paper and uses metric dimensions. If you want to use US Letter and inches or points, you'll need to adjust it.

--
Janet Swisher --- Senior Technical Writer
Enthought, Inc. http://www.enthought.com

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com