Re: What Are Writing Skills?

Subject: Re: What Are Writing Skills?
From: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 09:37:10 -0800 (PST)

Dick Margulis wrote:

Structuring information for presentation is a
different task from analyzing the structure of the
system. Both require skill. Both are important. But
the skills needed are different.

Tony Markos asks:

How are they different? I would really like to know.
Please define what the structuring of information is.

To me, once a TW, through analysis, properly
structures his/her understanding of the product,
structuring the information (the text) is a straight
shot. Dick, please tell me what additional
structuring you see!

Listserv members keep telling me that the ability to
structure information is the real value that TW's
bring to the table - not grammar skills. But I have
yet gotten a definition of what structuring
information is - especially how it differs from
structuring ones understanding of the product.

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com