RE: Acrobat 7.0

Subject: RE: Acrobat 7.0
From: "Martinek, Carla" <CMartinek -at- zebra -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:44:30 -0600

We distribute Acrobat Reader on the CDs with our product documentation. Our licensing agreement with Adobe requires that we distribute the most recent version of Reader. As we revise/update our CDs, we will be distributing Reader 7 to our end users. That's reason enough to at least upgrade the Reader software within the company.

I currently use Acro 6 to review/edit within our TechPubs group, although I'm looking forward to getting Acrobat 7.

Other reasons to use Acro 7 from the writer's standpoint:

* Online editing/reviewing is a "green" procedure. Some companies have environmental initiatives -- online editing reduces the amount of paper used.

* Less physical storage space: online edits/reviews can be stored in a project folder on the server, and as such backed up according to company policies, making them available if there are future questions. No such options with paper reviews.

* Reviewers in other locations/countries can easily return comments.

I also created an online review/signature form for our department to use. Writers can fill it in using Acrobat, and I sign the form electronically.

Check out the promotional information Adobe has on their site. I know that there are lots more reasons than these few I've listed.

-Carla
cmartinek -at- zebra -dot- com