Re: Technical Writing in China

Subject: Re: Technical Writing in China
From: jamie -at- ptsgi -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:47:38 -0700

Hi Bonnie,

I've been reading the digest for these lists for a few weeks with great
interest, because I've been thinking of moving back to the US. I've been
working in Taipei for many years as a tech writer.

I've been wanting to move back to the States for quite awhile, but have
been hesitant because it's such a big move with my family, and the job
market doesn't seem that great right now, and also I'm a little reticent
about my marketability, as most of my work has been in hardware.

My wife and I have been thinking of moving to China because the market
seems ripe for exploration, many of the factories there have offices here.
I think China might be a good place to work in the future, and who knows
what effect an influx of Western culture might have on Chinese society.

On the other hand, there's always the lingering prospect of China
'assimilating' Taiwan.

cheers-
Jamie Vogt

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l