Re: App that puts file names on the clipboard

Subject: Re: App that puts file names on the clipboard
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 14:48:30 -0500

Mandy,
Unix and Linux users have a command:
ls > tmpfile [or any other name]
that does nearly what you ask. Windows users
who happen to have installed Cygnus (it's
free) can use the same command. Most
Windows users forget that the Windows DOS
prompt allows a similar command:
dir > tmpfile

You can then edit tmpfile, copying its contents
to the clipboard or whatever.

--Peter

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:55:06 -0700, <technical -at- theverbalist -dot- com> wrote:

Hi Wr-lers
Before my computer was upgraded I had this spiffy little app that copied
all the files names from a folder, and then it placed all the file names
from the folder on the clipboard, so you could paste the list as text
somewhere else. Now that I have a new computer, I don't have the app and I
can't remember it's name, but I'm pretty sure someone from this list
recommended it, but of course, I can't seem to find it in the archives.

Does anyone know the name of the application I'm talking about and where I
could get another copy?

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com