Re: [Fwd: Re: Is this really a tech writing job?]

Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: Is this really a tech writing job?]
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:04:47 -0800

I must admit that I get something of a charge from seeing my name
where it currently resides on our company's org chart, and reading
my paystub is a *lot* more fun than it used to be. However, these
are nothing more than my own personal methods of "keeping score,"
I don't go around waving them in peoples' faces so they'll know if
they should respect me or how much they should. In fact, I strongly
suspect that the five or six people who think the most of me and whose
opinions about me mean the most to me have no idea what I make,
what my position on the org chart is, or even a clear understanding
of exactly what it is I do for a living.

Gene Kim-eng