Re: JIT Help

Subject: Re: JIT Help
From: "Vicky A. Moorman" <vmoorman -at- telus -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:40:08 -0800

Lyndsey,

I wonder if "JIT" does not apply in a 'somewhat similar' manner as it does
in manufacturing. Meaning setting up a single-source solution where all user
data is segmented by individual product specs/features. I guess I'm thinking
of a case where there are a number of products with generally similar
attributes, but subtle differences in model, etc. Then... when the unique
product is rolled out (also JIT), the help can be rolled out with it... just
in time.

The use of "JIT" in this case makes me think "pull all the pieces of
relevant user doc together quickly for the specified product" some way or
another. I think you were on right track with the permissions issue as well.

Sounds like a job for "XML" (it's a bird... it's a plane...) ;o)

Hope this helps,

Vicky Moorman

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com