re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question - Version Tracking

Subject: re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question - Version Tracking
From: Kate Salm <kate_salm -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 12:26:59 -0800 (PST)

our tracking system is a work of genius due to its
organization, or the work of a madman due to its
complexity, depending on your opinion and level of
frustration on a particular day.

I work for a branch of the government, so there is a
set, regulated system that we use and directives to
follow on everything. Everything is tracked manually
and electronically (i.e. saved copies in Word format),
with all final docs in the electronic filing system
and a hard copy filing system.

* A versioning system (e.g. SourceSafe or XML)
* A manual system we keep track of on paper
* We are government-regulated, and use a set system
* I am a contractor--I write it, they maintain it
* I am a contractor and set up each system by client
* A combination of electronic and manual tracking
* Our docs are one-time releases, no revisions
* Other/None of the above

Please enter your responses at
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/

Have a great week!