RE: Invoking the 'list-mind': small-scale document management. Suggestions?

Subject: RE: Invoking the 'list-mind': small-scale document management. Suggestions?
From: "Barbara Philbrick" <caslon -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:03:44 -0500

Do you need document management (version control) or delivery?

It looks like delivery at first blush, so here I go. Ignore me if it's a
version control question.

If intranet deliery is an option, I would go either PDF or HTML. Personally,
I prefer HTML delivery for speed and linking options, but if users need to
print out the documents, PDF might be the better choice.

If they will be downloading docs from a server or if the docs will reside on
local hard drives, the best option is PDF.

I'm not sure what's not being updated ---- the actual documents or external
binders that contain the documents? If it's the documents, you will want to
make sure the options I mention above are OK for the audience. HTML, in
particular, might be intimidating to non-writing professionals. If it's the
binders, intranet delivery should solve the problem quickly.

Hope this helps,

Barb

Barbara J. Philbrick

Caslon Services Inc.