Getting started with Whitepapers

Subject: Getting started with Whitepapers
From: Dharuni Garikapaty <dharuninew -at- yahoo -dot- co -dot- in>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 04:45:24 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,

I have an enquiry for writing some whitepapers which
is for very generic topics like Open source and ETL
product development. I've started reading up and
google is my best buddy these days :)

My questions are:
1. How do you start on such work? Assuming that you
are somewhat familiar with the topic in question.

2. What are the kind of questions you would ask? In
the communication with the client so far, I've asked
some questions which do make a lot of sense, but I get
the feeling that I probably need to ask different
questions or just ask differently - though cant put my
finger on what it should actually be.

3. Who are the people you would interview within the
client organization?

I would appreciate if someone could share their
experience rather than point me to URLs that have
generic questions that we should ask SMEs :)

Have a lovely weekend!

Dharuni
Hyderabad, India.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l