RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question - Degrees

Subject: RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question - Degrees
From: "John Fleming" <johntwrl -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 19:34:30 +0000

From: Lisa M. Bronson (lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com)
Subject: New TECHWR-L Poll Question - Degrees
Date: 2005-02-06 19:23:33 PST

Hello everyone,

And now, this week's question:

What education got your technical writing career started?

In my case it is a combo, two bachelors degrees--one in electrical engineering and the other economics with an English minor.

Both fit into a category in the poll question, but not the same category. Because the poll only allows one option, I picked "Other".

I suppose if I had to pick one of the two degrees, the one that has had the most significant long term effect on the direction of my career, including getting into technical writing, it would be the engineering degree. I've found the technical background most useful.

--
John Fleming
Technical Writer

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l