RE: SOX Compliance

Subject: RE: SOX Compliance
From: "Neumann, Eileen" <ENeuman -at- franklintempleton -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:34:55 -0500

Hi David,

My work documenting company procedures is being used for SOX, though i'm unsure if that's a primary driver, as my docs will also be used for training and reference. A co-worker has been involved in creating endless flowcharts to help get us into compliance with this act.

There's definitely a lot of work involved. I suppose much would depend on the current state of your company's documentation of their processes.

I would think that your 'mid sized' company's legal department would be evaluating how to get you into compliance with this act. If you don't have existing documentation, I'd bet there would be work enough for a 'team of writers' for a certain period.

Cheers,
Eileen Neumann