re Brads was Help Finding "Report Covers" With Longer Spines!

Subject: re Brads was Help Finding "Report Covers" With Longer Spines!
From: Emily Berk <emily -at- armadillosoft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:49:49 -0800

Small world. I just had a ridiculously long discussion with two teachers, one an elementary school teacher & one who teaches middle school.

The elementary school teacher says that she and everyone she knows ONLY calls these "brads". The middle school teacher says he had never heard of "brads" and called them something else, not "paper fasteners" and not "paper studs" either.

BTW: There is a beautiful assortment of pictures of brads here:
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.paperaddict.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/kf185.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.paperaddict.com/thestore/308.html&h=251&w=181&sz=11&tbnid=mblVeRn6oJoJ:&tbnh=105&tbnw=76&start=19&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbrads%2Bpaper%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26rls%3DGGLD,GGLD:2004-41,GGLD:en

And some brad art, and etc., via Google:
http://images.google.com/images?q=brads+paper&hl=en&lr=&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-41,GGLD:en&filter=0

Back to work, me.

-- Emily

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 05:19:20 -0500, "nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il" <nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il> wrote:
>Sarah wrote:
>> I think I just remember them being called paper fasteners but I was
>> young and not very technical at the time
>
>I thought the formal name was split pins I tried
>Google and ... I found a reference to "Brads (also known as split pins or paper studs)
>
>The term "paper stud" was new to me, though I can
>think of some people whom it might describe
>
>Mark L=2E Levinson
>Herzliya, Israel
>nosnivel -at- netvision=2Enet=2Eil

Emily Berk
http://www.armadillosoft.com

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Technical Communication Certificate online - Malaspina-University College, Canada. Online training in technical writing, software (FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Dreamweaver, Acrobat), document & web design, writing manuals, job search. www.pr.mala.bc.ca/tech_comm.htm for details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com