Re: Has anyone used the product Help & Manual?

Subject: Re: Has anyone used the product Help & Manual?
From: "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:53:29 -0700

On Thursday, January 20, 2005, Julie Zweigoron wrote:

> I am looking at low-cost options for producing helps systems and
> printed documentation. Has anyone used the product Help & Manual? I
> would be very interested in hearing about both good and bad
> experiences.

Start with Char James-Tanny's comparison chart of help authoring
tools:

http://www.helpstuff.com/helpstuff.html#articles

There is a help authoring yahoogroup "HATT". Help & Manual has
been brought up several times, so you can search the archives
there (though searching archives on a yahoo group is less than
pleasant -- it only searches X number of records at a time...).

Sorry if Char has already posted all this. I get the digest so I'm
typically a day behind...

Dana W.

Dana Worley
Applications Engineer/Software Support
Campbell Scientific, Inc.
Microsoft Help MVP 2003-2005

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Technical Communication Certificate online - Malaspina-University College, Canada. Online training in technical writing, software (FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Dreamweaver, Acrobat), document & web design, writing manuals, job search. www.pr.mala.bc.ca/tech_comm.htm for details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com