RE: Question: "Running the XYZZY"

Subject: RE: Question: "Running the XYZZY"
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:23:24 -0500

Absolutely adjust for each case, depending on what part of speech the XYZZY
becomes. In the examples above, you've made it into an adjective, so you
need the "the."

"We use the Outlook feature for managing our contacts."

But:

"We use Outlook for e-mail."

Bonnie Granat | www.GranatEdit.com
bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com
Cambridge, Massachusetts, US

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Technical Communication Certificate online - Malaspina-University College, Canada. Online training in technical writing, software (FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Dreamweaver, Acrobat), document & web design, writing manuals, job search. www.pr.mala.bc.ca/tech_comm.htm for details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com