Re: Header and Footer

Subject: Re: Header and Footer
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:54:52 -0800 (PST)

Shampa...

Let me ask you a similar question.

"What should you put in a cardboard box?"

Doesn't the answer have a direct relationship to what you are working
with?

What are you working with? What is the subject? The header and footer
helps you find content. Based on your content, that determines your
header and footer. The only thing that is for sure is that it has a
page number of some type...probably.

--- Shampa <shampa -at- quantum-bso -dot- com> wrote:
> I am new to tech writing I like to know, what are the information
> should
> ideally be present in Header and Footer of a user guide.
>
> According to me,
> Header can include: Company Logo, system name, example :xyz system
> and Page number.
> Footer: date ,example Jan 2005 and name of the user guide, example
> abc user guide.
>
> What you guyz think about information(mandatory) to be included in
> Header and footer.

=====
John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

?Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone
amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built
the Titanic.? - Dave Barry

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Technical Communication Certificate online - Malaspina-University College, Canada. Online training in technical writing, software (FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Dreamweaver, Acrobat), document & web design, writing manuals, job search. www.pr.mala.bc.ca/tech_comm.htm for details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com