New TECHWR-L Poll Question - Ratios

Subject: New TECHWR-L Poll Question - Ratios
From: "Lisa M. Bronson" <lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 13:23:08 -0700 (MST)

Hello everyone,

I hope you had a great weekend! Recently, someone asked about ratios of
writers to developers, and I thought that would make a good poll question.

Where I work, we have about 1:11 for instruction manuals and 1:22 for
parts manuals. I'm glad I do instruction manuals (though, we still have too few writers, in my opinion).

What is the ratio of writers to developers where you work?
* 1:1 to 1:3
* 1:4 to 1:7
* 1:8 to 1:11
* 1:12 to 1:15
* 1:16 to 1:19
* 1:20 to 1:23
* 1:24 to 1:27
* 1:28 to 1:31
* To infinity and beyond (more than 1:31)
* Other/None of the above

Enter your response at http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/index.php3 . It
will be interesting to see how many people answer Other/None of the above
this week. ;)

Have a great week!
Lisa B.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Technical Communication Certificate online - Malaspina-University College, Canada. Online training in technical writing, software (FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Dreamweaver, Acrobat), document & web design, writing manuals, job search. www.pr.mala.bc.ca/tech_comm.htm for details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com