Online Editing with FrameMaker

Subject: Online Editing with FrameMaker
From: Melissa Womack <mwomack -at- csc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:12:55 -0600

We are in the process of converting our hard-copy manuals from Word to
FrameMaker. However, we don't want to lose Word's comments and track
changes functionality. We have an extensive review process where reviewers
make comments directly in our documents. Does anyone use a similar type of
online editing process using FrameMaker that is comparable to what Word
allows? I know we can purchase plug-ins to track changes, but we were
hoping to avoid additional costs at first. Another option we've discussed
is converting our docs to Word or RTF format for the reviews. Any info. or
suggestions would be much appreciated.

for such purpose.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Technical Communication Certificate online - Malaspina-University College, Canada. Online training in technical writing, software (FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Dreamweaver, Acrobat), document & web design, writing manuals, job search. www.pr.mala.bc.ca/tech_comm.htm for details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com