Re: Agile programming and tech comm

Subject: Re: Agile programming and tech comm
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:47:15 -0500

Tony Markos wrote:

Ronald:

I have lead requirements engineering efforts on an
agile development project.

Tony,

<disclaimer>This comment is NOT directed at you; please don't take it personally. I am NOT picking on your spelling. And I am trying very very hard NOT to violate any techwr-l rules having to do with commenting on spelling in general.</disclaimer>

<rant>AM I THE ONLY ONE whose reading is slowed down every time someone writes "lead" instead of "led" or "loose" instead of "lose"? I don't know why, but those two particular errors seem to have become a mini-epidemic in the last couple of years, everywhere I look, including in the august New York Times Magazine, not to mention all sorts of Web sites and technical documents. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE!?!?!? What force of nature has suddenly led otherwise competent writers to repeatedly make those particular errors, when there are so many similar errors they might as easily be making but are not? Is it something in the water? In the air? Paranoids everywhere want to know!</rant>

Best regards,

Dick

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com