Re: Question about how to start small Web site

Subject: Re: Question about how to start small Web site
From: "Jerry Muelver" <jerry -at- hytext -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 13:45:04 -0600

A small nonprofit effort that I think is really important (helping
medical development in another part of the world) is giving me the
responsibility of starting their first Web site. ....
I'm technically knowledgeable but not Web-savvy. I'm trying to get
that way.
Can someone help start me in the right direction? Thanks.

That's like asking, "How do I do technical writing?"

Try something basic, like this:

Free Tutorials on Creating a Web Site
http://www.2createawebsite.com/ebook/download.html

to get up-to-speed on concepts and terminology. You can find more tutorials and references on specific topics at http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl and on relevant newsgroups. A visit to a library or bookstore, at least to scan the "Dummies" books, would be a good exercise.

---- Jerry Muelver

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com