RE: Asking SMEs?

Subject: RE: Asking SMEs?
From: "James Jones" <doc-x -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 12:35:19 -0600

This reminds me of a foreign language learning thing. When I was in
college, and before, when I was learning Spanish in high school, I
decided not to 'act shy' but to be outgoing and somewhat aggressive (for
me, because I was kind of shy and introverted) in conversation practice
with foreigners. I do not regret it in the least.

What happens to that shy part, if I do try to do this? It will still be
there, definitely, but it will be a much smaller part of you than what
could have been.

Jim Jones http://tinyurl.com/4arjc

Dick Margulis wrote:

. . . The perceived unfriendliness of SMEs is more often than not just
an
expression of their own shyness. . .
. . .
My point is just that you can decide, based on this sort of knowledge,
not to _act_ shy, no matter how you feel deep down. Just smile and ask
people to help, when it's appropriate. Eventually, you'll get used to
acting that way, and the positive feedback . . .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com