New Writer Seeks Advice

Subject: New Writer Seeks Advice
From: Casey McCoy <caseym74 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 13:10:25 -0800 (PST)

Hi everyone-

I'm new to technical writing and although I'm familiar
with how one might go about documenting hardware, I
have no idea whatsoever how someone would document
software. I'm not really talking about *what* one
should cover, but *how* you go about it. Do you
access an engineer's directory and work from there, or
do you install the software and see what happens?

What and how are the ways this is done? Thanks in advance!

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com