RE: Striving To Increase The Page Count Was: Estimation of the nu mber of pages...

Subject: RE: Striving To Increase The Page Count Was: Estimation of the nu mber of pages...
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 11:29:47 -0500

I don't see the problem. Are you worried about running out of numbers? Even
in a rapid-revision environment, documents rarely get up to v.99 before they
are replaced.

For example, you might release v.13 of the document, "How to Remove Lunch
from an Acme Model 2200 Keyboard." At that point, Acme releases Model 2300,
which requires a new document (not just a new version of an existing
document), and there you go back to v.01.

Dan Goldstein

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com