RE: majuscules in English (was Re: simple ui question)

Subject: RE: majuscules in English (was Re: simple ui question)
From: Zola <zola -at- zolaweb -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 08:38:38 -0500

At 08:17 AM 1/4/2005, Jonathan West wrote:

This is simply a conspiracy on the part of A.A. Milne fans, all of them
members of the Society for the Inclusion of Capitals in the Oddest of Places
:-)

I was editing a document as a favor for a friend, and he was doing that. I "un-capitalized" and inserted gentle comments, and when he sent the revision back for a final once-over, there were the misplaced capitals again.

When I sent the edit back to him, he found things like "The Lord of W is coming to Our House, Dearest Diary! I am beside Myself with Excitement, for he is Very well-to-do and is Said to be a Most Eligible Bachelor" in place of the usual "no caps" or "only capitalize proper names" comments.

I grant you, this was a friend and a favor so I could get away with it, but misplaced capitals were very rarely seen in his writing after that. ;)

"What are we going to do tonight, Brain?"
"The same thing we do every night, Pinky. We're going to try to take over the world!!" ---Pinky and the Brain

Visit me at <www.zolaweb.com>!

ICQ#2048151

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com