Re: Estimation of the number of pages to be written per day

Subject: Re: Estimation of the number of pages to be written per day
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:08:01 -0800

I hve had it suggested to me a number of times, always by
upper managers who have never been writers or publication
managers. The idea is quickly abandoned the moment I
suggest the possibility that it might lead to page bloat.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "MaggiRos" <maggiros -at- yahoo -dot- com>

No one I've ever worked for, in a respectably long career, has been interested in page counts as a metric. In fact,
most of them are happiest with shorter manuals and less
complex help systems. (I sometimes have to make a case for
more topics instead of fewer.)

Maybe that's just me.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com