Re: Seeking counsel - yet another difficult work situation

Subject: Re: Seeking counsel - yet another difficult work situation
From: TechComm Dood <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 13:16:32 -0500

Company culture is always a factor. However, it doesn't change the way
in which I document the process and stages of a project for
retrospective analysis. Company culture changes the way I perform my
work and the way I get my info, but doesn't change how I objectively
weigh a process.

The important thing is to play it smart and safe, no matter what your
environment, and to learn from failed attempts to make things better
for the next round.

This is why project management skills are essential, not just for
project managers or project leads, and not specifically for writers,
but for ANYONE working on any aspect of a project. If you can document
your process and identify holes, you can work to improve the process.

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 19:58:56 -0800, Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com> wrote:
> However, depending upon how your company is managed, the
> lesson they may learn is that they can ignore you and nothing
> bad will happen. I am not reluctant to say that I nag people.
> Hell, I even refer to some of my emails as "nag bulletins."

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com