Re: Estimation of the number of pages to be written per day?

Subject: Re: Estimation of the number of pages to be written per day?
From: sburnf -at- au1 -dot- ibm -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 23:24:26 -0700

> Re: the calculator recommended at
> http://www.comtech-serv.com/dependency_calculator.htm, I believe if
> we'd quoted 5 hours per page for "average" situations, we wouldn't
> have done well in today's market, and we have. That timing is very
> "bloated" in my opinion.

The point of the calculator is to illustrate the effect of dependencies on
your own benchmark, not to say what your benchmark is or should be.

The explanation that accompanies the calculator makes it clear that the 5
hour figure is an 'actual' figure derived by Eleanor, the project manager
at a hypothetical company, Fateful. It's not a suggested industry average.

So it's hard to say if Eleanor's benchmark is bloated without knowing more
about Fateful's (hypothetical) industry, deliverables, team,
circumstances...

Regards
---
Stuart Burnfield