RE: Difficulties with Recruiter

Subject: RE: Difficulties with Recruiter
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 12:10:54 -0500

> From: bounce-techwr-l-137490 -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> [mailto:bounce-techwr-l-137490 -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com] On Behalf
> Of Michele Davis
>

> Chris, your comment hits home, and I think you're right. I
> was noodling that around earlier this AM. I was worried that
> she'd bad mouth me if I took this to the next level, but I've
> kvetched to the list and gotten opinions and I think it's
> best to leave it alone and not take calls from this company
> (if they do call again).
>
> Additionally, the company is nationwide with over 20 offices.
> I would be stabbing a dagger in the heart of my career to
> send the president or CEO a complaint about this AR.
> --

Ach. We wouldn't want that!

Here's another recruiter question that has been bugging me. Sometimes I will
have great difficulty understanding a recruiter who calls me because of his
or her accent or rate of speaking. I frequently have to say, "I'm sorry, but
I cannot understand what you are saying." This does not frequently make
matters any better, and I end up wasting time on my dime, because they often
use my cell phone to call me. I end up feeling guilty and usually ask them
to send me a job description because I cannot understand what they are
saying. Is there another solution? Maybe I could note on my Web site that
only clients should use my mobile phone?

Bonnie Granat
http://www.GranatEdit.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com