Robohelp X5 HTML Help Master books - difficulties in the beginning

Subject: Robohelp X5 HTML Help Master books - difficulties in the beginning
From: Bernd Hutschenreuther <Bernd -dot- Hutschenreuther -at- net-linx -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:07:34 +0100

Hi,

we are using now Robohelp X5, after using Robohelp 9.1
There was a strange behavior when I generated the HTML Help in a master project containing several topics and several chm files.
When I started, I found, that the heading structure was mismatched.

At least I found a work around.

1. I must have a main folder
2. Only chm files can be merged in the main project file.
3. There mus be a html file to form a heading level in the resulting project.

So the structure is following:

Main Folder
Heading File 1.html (this will appear as new subfolder in the main folder, the file may be without text, if you include text, the text appears when you click on the subfolder sign. The following files file 1...file3 are included.)
File1.chm
File2.chm
File3.chm
Heading File2.html (This will appear as new Subfolder in the Main Folder.)
File4.chm
File5.chm

In this case, the master book has a main folder and two subfolders, containing the related file structures of File1.chm ...File 3.chm .

This is strange, because the Online Help of Robohelp says, you can include the Files into the master book. It does not say, you have to include extra text html files and consider special formats. It does not say that html files form headings.

---
The target project is stored in a folder named !ssl! .

I found, that I have to delete or empty this before book creation. When old files are in this folder,they will not be updated properly, and I got strange and unexpected results with mismatched structures.

Is there any way to empty the output folder automatically?
I only by accident found that the CHM files in the output folder are not updated, after you update them in the input folder.

---
I searched in the TECHWR-L Data base and did not find a description. So I wanted to tell you about the problem.

Best regards
Bernd

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com