Re: Self publishing

Subject: Re: Self publishing
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 16:23:34 -0500

Downing, David wrote:

Actually, I was under the impression the "subsidy publishing" meant the
same thing and was free of the connotation associated with "vanity
publishing." Or does "subsidy publishing" actually mean something
different?

Well, that's exactly what I was talking about. Apparently "subsidy publishing" a neologism to take the imagined sting out of "vanity publishing"? Maybe it was coined by some marketing weenie in the vanity publishing business? But you've got to explain it, whereas if you use the standard, traditional, well understood term, you wouldn't have to explain it <g>

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com