Consultging after RIF'd

Subject: Consultging after RIF'd
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 07:07:17 -0800 (PST)

Hi, guys...I got a call this morning. My ex-company called, asking if
i'd consider doing a little part-time consulting to transition them
on the things I did, which centers around FM, online help, and the
single sourcing between the two. I'd guess we're talking about maybe
a week to two weeks of time, though the subject of rate or numbers
didn't come up.

Anyway, I told the person who called (to test the waters) that I'd be
willing to talk, for the boss to call me.

Anyway...I'm curious about how others have approached this...how did
you structure the arranemment and how much over the salary (when
broekn out to an hourly charge) did you charge?

=====
John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250