RE: Life Cycle PLanning

Subject: RE: Life Cycle PLanning
From: <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:09:31 -0600

Rose.Wilcox commented on this thread:
> I imagine it varies from place to place. In some
> of the more mature organizations I have worked for
> testing is not left up to software development, but
> rather is run by a dedicated QA department. Software
> development teams do unit testing before they turn
> the product over to the QA department.

And in other supposedly mature organizations the QA
department runs bazillions of tests but the tech
writers are still the ones who find the bugs. Worse,
sometimes they find design bugs, but it's too late.

--Peter Neilson
North Carolina
who has no piece of paper to prove he's good at testing.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com