Re: Business scenarios

Subject: Re: Business scenarios
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 08:09:57 -0800 (PST)

> 1. What are business scenarios?
> 2. How does one go about doing them?
> 3. What are the ways of doing a business scenario (e.g. graphical,
> procedural etc.)?

We use scenarios extensivly. Let's say I have a section in my doc on
using a certain functionality. I'll start the section with a scenario
that sets the stage for using that functionality. It may go as
follows, which I use to documemt Filtering:

-------------
Scenario: The default list of Activities in the Current Activities
folder contains all Activities where the Status is Current.
However, you wish to see only the Activities where the Activity
Status is Current and the Priority is Urgent.
By selecting the Current folder and filtering on the Priority column,
you create a view that shows only the Activities that meet both these
parameters.

I go on to describe Filtering in generic terms, then walk them
through creating a filter to comply with the details in the scenario.

=====
John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250