Re: RoboInfo vs. RoboHelp?

Subject: Re: RoboInfo vs. RoboHelp?
From: TechComm Dood <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 17:50:15 -0500

RoboInfo might be the better choice among the two, and my guess is
that it's a bastardization of RoboHelp in many ways, just not equipped
to produce the same kind of output. I haven't used it, but that's what
the marketing literature says to me. I *have* used RoboHelp and I
think for what you want to do it will be the wrong tool.

If all you need is the search, I suggest AnswerWorks
<http://www.vantage-software-tech.com/content_pages/oemsol.html> or if
you have a ton of stuff out there you need to index for search, Google
Search Appliance <http://www.google.com/appliance/>.

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:44:54 -0700, ebarker -at- uta -dot- edu <ebarker -at- uta -dot- edu> wrote:

> I'm looking for a summary of the differences between RoboInfo and
> RoboHelp. I've check the techwr-l archives, Macromedia site, and the web
> with no luck.
>
> We are an academic library and would like to implement a natural language
> search tool to help students find the information they need (how to find
> an article, how to check out a book, etc.). I can't tell which would be
> the better product for this.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com