OOo conversion from Word

Subject: OOo conversion from Word
From: kevin -dot- lovejoy -at- trnswrks -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 12:23:18 -0700

Thanks to all who suggested that I make the switch to OOo.

I have attemped to convert my 650 page Word document to OOo with less than
promising results.

I used the File>AutoPilot>Document Converter option converting from an
Office Word doc.

The results were not very good. I have a high number of tables and
graphics (with many of the graphics embedded in the tables.) The graphics
appeat to be all over the place, many not even on the same page (some even
overlaying my TOC.)

In addition, my footer is only present on the odd numbered pages.

Is there a way to fine tune the filter to correct the situation.

Are there any other hints from those experienced OOo users.

Thanks,
Kevin

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com