robohelp vs. webworks

Subject: robohelp vs. webworks
From: "S. S." <fcg555 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 11:50:41 -0500

(Forgive me if this debate is long-settled and I've missed the thread ...)

I'm a Webworks girl tasked with creating a Frame-to-Robohelp single-sourcing system for my company. Very new to Robohelp (X5). Very interested in opinions from anyone who has invetsigated this before. i.e. Is true single-sourcing even possible using Framemaker>Robohelp?

I'm looking for features I'm accustomed to in Webworks and already hitting lots of roadblocks (e.g. is it possible to maintain FM conditions?). The goal is for my team, having applied conditions to their user guides and using a help template that I create, to be able to generate their help files with the click of a button (the way you can using webworks). From what I can see now, my team is copying and pasting procedures from Frame into Robohelp.

Thanks in advance!

Hutch

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com