Re: landing the first job

Subject: Re: landing the first job
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 08:00:44 -0800

Lisa Spencer wrote:

. I'm

wondering if anyone can help direct me in an area to
begin my career. Should I look at copyediting jobs, or
should I continue my search in technical writing? Or
is there a different area that would suit me? I open
for suggestions and would appreciate any help.

Technical expertise is generally needed for most advanced technical writing jobs, but for beginning and even some intermediate jobs, you can sometimes get hired on writing skills alone.

Don't focus too narrowly, or you may miss a chance of employment.
Consider applying for any job for which you have 70% or more of the qualifications.

--
Bruce Byfield
http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com