RE: Question about web-based search options

Subject: RE: Question about web-based search options
From: "France Baril" <France -dot- Baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:41:33 -0500

Hi Kay, as you know who I am affiliated with, you will know that my
answer is biased, but our website content is made of XML documents which
are stored and automatically indexed in TEXTML Server. Users can search
the whole website without specific actions on the authors/editors part.
The search engine is actually part of the server on which we store our
content.

On our website we have not pushed the technology to its greater limits,
however I use the same tool for my online help and I actually index my
content based on tags. Users can search through the whole content or in
specific parts of documents, like the titles or any other tagged
information.

This sort of tool would work with XHTML content, although not with
regular HTML content.

France Baril