Re: Word 2000: Orphan Comments

Subject: Re: Word 2000: Orphan Comments
From: "Lisa A. Roth" <roth -dot- lisa -at- jimmy -dot- harvard -dot- edu>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:07:57 -0500

Hi Faith,

Have you tried using the Reviewing toolabr to scan through the document from one comment spot to another and then getting rid of them via the Delete Comment button on the toolbar?

I have encountered your dilemma once or twice --I'm not sure why, but I think it may have been because comments were deleted with Track Changes and then the changes were accepted, which somehow deleted the visiale comment marker but not the comment itself. The solution I described above has always worked.

Faith Wallis wrote:

Everyone:
..SNIP...

I deleted text in a document but then found out that
comments existed within that text area. Now, when I
look at the View Comments window, those comments show
up. I would like to delete the old comments. However, they won't delete. I'm assuming this is
because there is no "hook" within the text to
right-click and click Delete Comment.
I am not able to delete the comments through the View
Comments window either. I tried both a right-click
method (no menu items showed up) and just trying to
delete the comment by selecting and deleting. Neither
worked.

Any thoughts on what to do about these orphan
comments?

...SNIP...

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com