HELP REQUIRED - Generating a custom map file for HTML Help using WebWorks

Subject: HELP REQUIRED - Generating a custom map file for HTML Help using WebWorks
From: Nitin Mehrotra <writer_writes -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:53:10 +0530

Hi All,

I am trying to generate an HTML Help using WebWorks (WWP) which will subsequently be integrated with the wizards. Clicking the Help button from the wizad will display a dialog level help for that particular wizard page. As I understand, best practice is to get map IDs from the engineers and include them in the Frame sources in the form of TopicAlias* markers. Having done this, generating the WWP project should create a map file (.h) with the markers that were specified in the sources. With this approach, the map file should ideally have entires similar to this:

#define IDD_INFO_PAGE 11001
#define IDD_FS_PAGE 11002
#define IDD_USER_PAGE 11003
#define IDD_LISTSHARES 11016
#define IDD_FILEONOFF 11061

Instead, WWP is generating a map file (<proj_name>.h) with tag and map IDs for all 1Heads, 2Heads, and maybe 3Heads too. The contents of the file are similar to this:

#define splash_html 1000 /* Heading 1 */
#define 00preface_html 1001 /* Heading 2 */
#define 00preface2_html 1002 /* Heading 3 */
#define 00preface3_html 1003 /* Heading 4 */
#define 00preface4_html 1004 /* Heading 5 */

I also tried using a macro that takes the name of the custom map file as input. Although this did not stop WWP from creating the default map file, the .hhk file created by WWP does *include* the custom map file name under the [MAP] head.

I will appreciate if I can get answers to the following questions:

a. How do I get WWP to generate the custom map file with the entries that I provide as TopicAlias* markers?
b. How do I restrict WWP from generating the default map file?
c. Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks and Regards,
~Nitin

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com