10 pt vs 12 pt

Subject: 10 pt vs 12 pt
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:17:29 -0800 (PST)

Hi, guys...I'm having a "discussion" with my manager over some style
conventions.

First...body text must be Times New Roman.

With that said, how does anyone feel about going to 10pt for the body
text vs 12 point.

I prefer 12 pt for readability (hey...I'm 51 tomorrow and the
eyeballs ain't what they used to be) and he prefers 10 pt for it's
layout aesthetics.

Does anyone have any issue on reading one or the other? Does anyone
know of any studies that address one over the other?

Thanks

=====
John Posada
Senior Technical Writer