RE: ADMIN: New Poll Question

Subject: RE: ADMIN: New Poll Question
From: "Jones, Donna" <DJones -at- zebra -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:07:32 -0600

> -----Kristin Tracy asked:-----
> Kevin wrote:
>
> >I'm not a smoker or a coffee drinker, I take fewer explicit
> >breaks than most cow-orkers.
>
> Would that be "one who orks cows"??? :p

Cow orker
A fortuitous typo for co-worker, widely used in Usenet, with perhaps a hint that orking cows is illegal. This term was popularized by Scott Adams (the creator of Dilbert) but already appears in the January 1996 version of the scary devil monastery FAQ. There are plausible reports that it was in use on Usenet as early as 1989.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com