Re: RoboHelp problems...

Subject: Re: RoboHelp problems...
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:30:31 -0500

Char James-Tanny wrote:

When I create an image map, one of the fields is "Screen Tip text." I put a screen tip in this field.

Check the code of the HTML on the page to see what is written. (It will be
in the <map> section.)

1. Are you using a browser other than IE to view the WebHelp?

Our standard browser is IE 6.0.

So much for that theory, then ;-)
Char

I was with Char all the way, so I didn't respond earlier.

Next suggestion: Shut down the browser, completely clear your browser cache, reboot, and test again as the first thing you do after rebooting (don't start RoboHelp first). Also, just to humor Char and me, take a look at the source code and if Alt tags are being used, try substituting "TITLE" for "ALT"; then see if that helps. If it still doesn't work, try it on a manager's machine (someone who doesn't have RoboHelp or FrontPage or Dreamweaver installed but who has an up to date browser). I've occasionally had problems where my own machine had conflicts and wouldn't display titles but other machines worked fine.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com