Re: Any advice on moving from older Palm device to current?

Subject: Re: Any advice on moving from older Palm device to current?
From: TechComm Dood <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 09:44:38 -0500

Well, none are too rugged, especially when you body-slam them. ;-)

But, I have to say that my Visor was fairly rugged. It dook a few
falls nicely when in the leather scabbard (well, that's what it looks
like). But one time I dropped it when it wasn't in the "case" and it
landed flat on the floor (much how the buttered side of your toast
would hit the floor), and the screen just shattered completely. But, I
will say that Handspring was quite good about their replacement
policy... I requested a replacement and they had it for me within the
same week (their replacement policy was great... I don't know if it's
the same). I can't remember if it was a free replacement or if I paid
for it. If I paid, it obviously wasn't a large sum, else I'd remember
it. ;-)

My Pocket PC is quite rugged. I haven't had an issue with it (and have
had it for about 2 years now). Mine's the ViewSonic V37 (the first
.NET-enabled Pocket PC).

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 09:29:09 -0500,
eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
<eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com> wrote:

> My IIIxe worked perfectly. Only fault I found, after losing my footing on
> an ice patch, was they aren't impervious to being fallen on. :(
>
> THAT left a nasty bruise.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com