Re: Entry-level

Subject: Re: Entry-level
From: TechComm Dood <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 19:51:53 -0500

It did indeed say that. But what is "entry level pay"? We don't know.
It could be $25k/year, or it could be $80k/year. It could be anywhere
in between. We don't know.

Yes, the position was "Junior Technical Writer", which was taken by
the original poster to mean "entry level". Maybe it is indeed entry
level. Maybe it's rightfully so. Maybe everyone hired into the company
as a non-manager is given an entry level position because the market
or work involved is obscure.

We don't know.

So what's the fascination with everyone jumping to conclusions about a
job posting. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't there major grumbling on this
list not a couple of months ago about the horrible economy and job
situation? Did you all get jobs already? Or are you psyching each
other out? ;-)

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 16:06:38 -0700, Sherry Michaels
<sherry -dot- michaels -at- docntrain -dot- com> wrote:

> I think my dispute is with "entry-level" used with "two years experience"
> (I've already deleted the message, but I think it said that).
>
> So if "entry-level" and "two-years experience" are in the same description,
> that sounds to me like the employer wants some experience at "entry-level"
> pay.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com