RE: Entry level??!!

Subject: RE: Entry level??!!
From: "Jones, Donna" <DJones -at- zebra -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 13:33:33 -0600

> Dan Goldstein wrote:
>
> Her first post in this thread included her *current* salary and job
> description. Her second post discussed a job from the 90's.

I kept mentions of salary in relative terms. Unless you were my manager years ago, saw that post, remembered what I made then, and did the math, I don't think I gave away an actual number. Other people have made similar references in the last week or two on how they just aren't getting paid as much now as they were before, all without revealing actual salaries.

Now that's not to say that I meant to make my current company look bad, if that's the effect it had. It's not the company that's the problem, it's the job market. My point was that, for the most part, we as technical writers just aren't getting paid as much as we used to because we sometimes aren't getting the same job titles that we may have held previously. If that reflected poorly on my company, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for it to. As I have said many times here and everywhere else, I love my current job. I couldn't be working for a better company or enjoying my job more.

Looks like it's time to go back to lurking in the shadows. It's no fun having to defend yourself publicly over what was meant to be a harmless observation.

Donna

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com